Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Is there is Super8mm group in LA?

  1. #31
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Talking

    Chas!

    Ah ha- German beer...my favorite.
    Even if dont have a submission frown I would love to meet up with ya guys, toss a few brews, and watch some flicks.
    Sounds great!
    maybe i'll bring a camera...it could be a historic event!


    Sc;ott

    ------------------

  2. #32
    Shenan
    Guest Shenan's Avatar

    Talking

    The first rule of Super 8 club is you don't talk about Super 8 club!

    er... umm... oops sorry, wrong club!

    Shenan

    ------------------

  3. #33
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    Scott,
    Yeah, that would be cool! So, write that down -- Tuesday, 10/30. I'm going to have to skip my Color class but I think it'll be ok.

    No response from Alex. Guess he'll be there in spirit after all...

    ------------------

  4. #34
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    So Rex,
    does that mean we can count on you, on the 30th?

    ------------------

  5. #35
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Exclamation

    Rexster and the Baffler,

    I have deleted all the messages of your argument. You are both new here, but the way you are going will not earn you the opportunity to become oldtimers on this forum, I can assure you.

    Baffler, do not insult another forum member or his or her abilities (inabilities, whatever) to use the English language. Why provoke someone to an argument?

    Rexster, do not use foul language on this forum. Do not make homophobic remarks. And do not -- UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES -- threaten bodily harm to anyone on this forum. That goes way beyond Baffler's provocation.

    If either of you have a problem with a particular user, bring it to my attention via private e-mail. I will evaluate the problem and take the appropriate action.

    Consider this your only warning.


    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  6. #36
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    >Has anyone had any experience with that N.Y. Film Academy

    yeah, i took the 8 week filmmaking course less than two years ago, and it was truly great. if you've made films before you won't learn much in the classroom (i didn't), but the potentially ulimited access to equipment and the equally unlimited access to expert advice and assistance from the instructors is worth a lot. you have to be very social and use all your networking skills to succeed in getting this though, or you will be limited by the rules and the schedules. i managed to become friends with the guy in the equipment room as well as my editing teacher the first day, and we all went for beers that evening, along with the founder of the school. ;-)

    /matt

  7. #37
    Konton
    Guest Konton's Avatar

    Post

    Well I hope I can make it. I have no idea what time I'll be heading to work now that the movie I'm currently working on in post-production is almost complete.

    I tried taking the Super 8mm production class over at SFSU once during the summer. It was cancelled and no one even told all of the students who signed up. We sat there for an hour waiting for someone to show. Guess there was just not enough interest. Film Arts (http://www.filmarts.org) also has Super 8mm classes. Anyone ever take the class there?

    ------------------

  8. #38
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    Boy, my previous posts make no sense with Wreckster and the Baffler's posts being deleted.

    I guess I'll delete mine too.

    Oct. 30th sounds great.

    ------------------
    Alex

  9. #39
    the Baffler
    Guest the Baffler's Avatar

    Post

    I'll definitely be at Flicker -- I work late most nights so I don't know if I can make the beers beforehand.

    ------------------

  10. #40
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    Is it safe to put this post back at the top of the board?

    ------------------
    Alex

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •